Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Irrelevance

Forgotten
Forgotten are the moments we shared
Lost in time
No one to appreciate them
No one to care
Irrelevant in the ever growing futures we lead
Separate futures
Separate lives
They sit heavy on the mind
As does the liquor on my liver
Tortured not as an artist
Merely as a romantic
Looking to moving pictures for satisfaction
You
Yourself
See me as you want
Not as the person I was
The person hiding
Hiding from you and the twisted demands that love pulled me to
Concerned
Concerned with which face you wanted to view
So concerned I would go to great lengths to hide my own
Hide it deep with in my mind
Pulling me further from you
I've come to the realization
The realization you never wanted me close
If you did 
You would have allowed me to love you
You always knew you would leave 
In one sense or another
You always knew you would leave

No comments:

Post a Comment